Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Woodstock 07








Take me away, my love
for a ride in the sky.
Round and round we'll go
where we'll stop, no one knows.

Take me higher, my love,
high above the world below.
Together, we'll rise above
the corruption of the materialistic.

Let us forget the world below
and enter one of our own.
Here between earth and clouds
all that exists is you and I.

Move in closer, my love
to share in an intimate kiss.
We must be very careful,
or we'll fall to a tragic death.

The warmth of your hands,
the taste of your lips,
the fire in your eyes
encompasses my spirit.

Let us move, my love
to a higher plane of existence.
Together, we can rise above
and find a serenity that is our own.

Let our hopes and dreams
wrap around us.
Let our passions ignite
and burn as one.

DBCII

2 comments:

  1. Absolutly beautifull!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I wrote it back in 07, shortly after Matt and I had went to the Woodstock fair together. I wanted to ride the ferris wheel with him but the one there had boat seats instead of buckets, so we had to sit on opposite ends to maintain balance. :( When we got to the top, I told him I wanted to kiss him but I was afraid of falling, so we held onto the pole and inched in close to kiss. :) It was truly an exhilarating, yet romantic, experience. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful when commenting. All verbal attacks on another will be deleted by the moderator.