Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The first few pages of the book im writting. still havent figuerd out a title.

When i was five my mother told me that the rain was made from the tears of all the angels in the kingdom of heaven. She said that when the angels were sad and cried their tears fell from the heavens down to earth.
When i was five i believed her.
When i was six she died........
The hungry cancer ate away at mommy's bones like a mouse eating a square of cheese. Slow at first,nibbling away at the edges and then when it got a good taste of her it began to gobble her faster and faster each day until finally swallowing the last bite of her.
When mommy left my blue Skye's with cotton candy puffed clouds turned grey and the clouds became black over roasted campfire marshmallows. Zeus hurled his lightning bolts down upon me and Hades opened up the earth and his wicked arms to offer me a new home. A home of constant darkness inside my head.
I was sent to live with aunt Marge and uncle ken (moms brother). My aunt and uncle didn't have any children of their own. It was a good thing too.
When they first got me they were like two excited kids getting their very first puppy ( i was that puppy). It was all new and exciting at first so they feed the puppy,take it for walks and brush its fur.
Then it starts to become a nuisance and the initial excitement goes away,so the children's parents end up taking care of the puppy in the end. In this case it was Maria,the nanny they hierd when their puppy (me) became nothing but a chore.
Every now and then they acknowledge me by throwing me a bone ( 20 bucks) and letting me gnaw on it (spend it) in the dog house (at the mall). I stay out of their hair and they stay out of mine.
The perfect pretend family.......
Eleven years later I'm seventeen sitting on the front steps of our lonely home.
I am alone.....i am always alone.
The sun is shining bright warming my cake frosting white skin. I notice a boy about my age with black porcupine hair walking up the drive way toward me.
Maybe if i pretend I'm invisibal he wont see me.
He steps up in front of me and sticks out his hand. He has a silver lip piercing and most likely a bad attitude. He smells like Marlboro's and cheap body spray cologne. "I'm Jobi" he says with a grin.
Thought to self: I'm angry,depressed and i hate smelly teenage boys with holes in there lips,now leave me alone.
I decide that's to drastic. "I'm Anna" i say instead. He puts his hand down by his side when he realizes I'm not going to shake it.
"wow that's rude Anna".
"so what" i say in between chewing my already too short fingernails.
"You look like you need a friend Anna".
"And you a haircut" i shoot back.
"Wow I'm sorry i came here" Jobi says, then turns around and begins walking back down the driveway.
Angel on left shoulder: Say sorry you idiot you have no friends.
Devil on right shoulder: You should call him back to chuck him the finger.
Me: I hate everyone.....
I don't want to call him back, I'll feel like a boob but angel on the left is right i need a friend, and a good one at that. Under my red knit sweater my left wrist looks like raw hamburger meat from all the cutting and healing and cutting and healing.
"Wate" i yell. "I'm sorry". Jobi turns around and heads back too me. "Apology accepted" he says.
"My dad and i just moved from Vermont" "Your the first person i talked to here,i decided to walk up the street and check things out". "And i saw you sitting here" "do you want to walk with me"?
Maybe i'll get lucky and he'll murder me,cut me up into tiny pieces and dump me in the creek. Doubt full.....
I flash him a girlie girl smile. "Sure".
He reaches his hand out a second time and i take it this time,standing up with his help.
"You have alot of secrets" he accuses. "Alot" i agree.
We begin walking. This is the start of a beautiful friendship.
Little did i know that something dark and deadly was going to come between us. Something that would change our mortal lives forever.......

4 comments:

  1. I did not seperate paragraphs... My bad... Im not to fond of this whole writing on the computer thing. it doesnt feel like writing at all. I prefer my spiral notepad and papermate pen.This computer thing is new to me... as wierd as that sounds its gonna take some getting use to.. I hope someone out there enjoys my story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Corey! You've got some skills! You're style reminds me of a mix of V. C. Andrews and Stephen King, which of course I know you read so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that their styles have influenced your own writing. I love how the speaker almost sounds like a child describing her memory of her mother with a child like view of the world which then evolves into the gloominess of teenage angst. I'd love to read more!

    As for writing on the computer, it does take some time to get used to. Writing by hand is more personal and can be very relaxing. One thing I like about writing on the computer though is that spell check (though not always accurate) can be really helpful when editing and you don't have to worry so much about grammar or spelling issues and can just write. I keep a journal too which I absolutely love with its brown suede binding and secret pocket for treasures. It's little things like that which make writing by hand so satisfying. However, I'm always nervous about spelling and grammar when I write by hand because I hate cross outs. Do what feels right, but I'd love to see more of your writing on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx so much hun... Do u really like it?? Im proud of it i guess. I love to write i HAVE to write!! I carry around a big old lady bag along side my purse just to hold all my notebooks pens and pencils my journal and even a thesauraus at times!!!! They go evorywere with me.You never know when a good idea is gonna pop into your head! You are right,writing by hand is sooo much more personal. My writing is sometimes even hard to share because its a part of my soul. But reading your comment gave me some hope that maybe i have some kinda talent. I get worried about grammer to!! I think we all do! V.C Andrews is a big insperation in my writing. she carried me through my teens. Steven King as well. Laurie Halse Anderson is another big one. She is so talented and raw. I mean you really feal her charactors pain. Its amazing. Ill post something else up soon. Im always so busy its hard to find time. I figuerd out the whole edit thing with the little penil!!!! lol!! thanx 4 letting me know!! I havent had a chance to read other peoples stuff yet. it toook me forever to type up my post and now its 12:11am!!! I look foward to reading other peoples posts soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me? Of course you've got talent! One thing I truly believe is that there is no such thing as the perfect writer for the writer is always refining his or her own craft. Some times I think my own writing sounds too corny or cliche at points. One of the many goals of the writer is to be understood and I almost feel like I'm seeing the world through the speakers eyes in your piece, which to me signifies very powerful stuff indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful when commenting. All verbal attacks on another will be deleted by the moderator.