Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am a Little Bird.


Don't cry little bird.
Soon the storm will end.
Don't cry little bird.
Soon you'll be able to fly.

Soon the storm will end.
Soon you'll be able to fly.
Soon you’re heart will stop bleeding.
Soon you won't want to die.

Don't bleed little bird.
The pain isn't worth your beauty.
Your innocence will never fade away.
Little bird, don't cry.

Fly little bird.
Fly with your wings of love.
Fly into your lover's embrace.
Fly away from your angst.

Don't let it burn you.
Little bird, be careful.
Little bird, don't you see?
Don't you see your about to fall?
 


~ DBCII, Theater of the Mind, Nobel House;UK, 2006.


4 comments:

  1. Hey David, cool to see you have a blog up, I'll have to follow this one. I had forgotten that you were a published poet... very cool. And I had no idea you wrote songs either... you should send some to Stevie Nicks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James, I have written a few songs and only really like two, which I plan to share. I learned how to play the guitar so that I could put my words to music. I'll have to send you an invite so that you can post some of your writing too. I wish the platform would automatically allow people to post, but hey, it's part of the research aspect of this project. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I David! (T-Bird here!) I just wanted to support your blog!! Very nice job so far. Unfortunatley, I have nothing cool to post because what I am writing at present is a paper about "breath imagery" in Richard II(Thanks Grund!)!!! Snooze..........I don't want anyone to lose interest in your blog. Good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tracy! :) Good luck on your paper. I have more things I plan to add to the blog and will be updating it on a weekly, if not daily, basis. Follow along to stay updated on whats new.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful when commenting. All verbal attacks on another will be deleted by the moderator.